How air purification systems help us breathe easier
In the late 90s, the air quality in Southern California was so polluted, they would advise people to stay inside to avoid breathing the air. Back then, as a resident of Los Angeles, I didn’t think about how polluted air could affect my health. Honestly, it wasn’t until Covid that I, and many others, changed the way we think about the air we breathe. More people have started to invest in air purifiers and air purification systems. These systems, along with high-efficiency filters not only help to reduce the number of viruses in the air but other pollutants as well.
Have you also noticed that this spring has brought with it an unbelievable amount of pollen? Our air purification systems can help with your seasonal allergies too. According to the EPA, indoor air quality has suffered in recent years due to more energy-efficient construction, which does not allow for proper ventilation when using things such as synthetic building materials, household cleaners, and personal care products. This poor ventilation can cause you to be more affected by other pollutants such as pet dander, mold, and of course, dreaded pollen which can enter the home through open doors, windows, on pets’ fur, or through improper ventilation systems.
With a whole-house air purification system the air in your home, while it is being heated or cooled, will go through a filtration system that removes most particles, viruses, and allergens leaving your air cleaner.
You may ask, why a whole house system when I could have air purifiers in each room?
- Whole-house air purification systems clean the air in your entire home at the same time. They allow for the better cleaning of air as they are able to reach all areas of your home and can filter out more pollutants.
- It is more cost-effective to purchase a whole house system, rather than separate units for each room in your home.
- Whole house systems don’t take up extra space in your home as it is connected to your existing HVAC system. They also tend to be less noisy.
- They help to reduce the amount of dust, dirt, and dander that enter your HVAC system, therefore extending the life of your equipment (make sure you also have regular preventative maintenance).
- They can help filter out more of the pollutants that affect your health including bacteria, viruses, mold, and allergens (dust mites, dander, pollen).
The benefits of an air purification system are almost endless when it comes to cleaning your home’s air and keeping you healthier. Call Reiner Group, Inc. today to get a free estimate on our air purification systems. Breathe easier, breathe better, improve your health!
References: Aprilaire “Let’s Clear the Air: Whole House vs. Room Air Purifiers. EPA “What are the Trends in indoor air quality and their effects on human health?”