Replace Your Resolution With A Realistic To Do List
I don’t know about you, but I have a hard time sticking to New Year’s resolutions. However, I am more accomplished at making lists and sticking to them. So, since we’re starting a new year, hopefully better than the last (2020 lists went out the window!) I have created a couple lists I hope are helpful for you.
- More physical activity. It’s a little more difficult to exercise when gyms have a capacity limit and the weather is cold but get moving any way you can! Walk up and down your stairs, stream a workout video, or bundle up and go for a walk!
- Drink more water. This is always a challenge for me. I’m not the biggest fan of drinking water during the day, but it’s so good at flushing out your system! Not to mention helping keep your skin hydrated during these dry winter months.
- Get more sleep. We all know that sleep is important. Give yourself device free time at least one hour before bed. Your mind needs time to wind down before you can sleep, so why not help it out a little?
- Acknowledge your feelings. It’s always easy to say “fine” when someone asks you how you are doing, but are you really fine? Take some time to assess your emotions and acknowledge them. Recognizing your feelings can be the first step to better mental health.
- Don’t forget to be thankful for the little things. I know it’s cliché, cheesy and overused, but it doesn’t change the fact that it’s very true. Try to find something to be thankful for every day. Your family, children, pets, co-workers, health or even having your favorite take-out for dinner!
Home Improvement Goals
- Update your kitchen and bathroom(s). Many people are spending more time at home which allows for time to start a renovation or remodel. According to HGTV, “Springing for a kitchen or bath remodel is a sure-fire investment, often returning more than 100 percent of the cost.”
- Update your HVAC system! Even if you’re not working from home, chances are you’re not going out in a social aspect as often. Spending extra time at home might make you realize the age of your system (what are those strange noises?). Call Reiner Group today for a free estimate to replace your current system or install a new system and be sure to ask about our indoor air quality systems!
- Replace windows. There are so many benefits to new windows. Made with stronger material they can help make your home safer. They can reduce sound, are energy efficient (allowing your heating and cooling systems to work less), and in addition to air purification systems, can reduce the number of pollutants in your home.
- Purge! What a great time to start fresh. Go through your garage, closets, basement, and attic pulling out anything you no longer need. Sell or donate your unwanted items.
- Create an outside space. Although it’s winter now and you’re enjoying the warmth of the great indoors (did you get maintenance on your heating system this year?), warmer outside weather is coming. Start brainstorming and working on creating an outside space so once spring arrives, you’re ready to fully enjoy the great outdoors. Expand the living space of your home and enjoy fresh air!
I hope these lists help make your 2021 a great year. If you have any HVAC needs, please do not hesitate to call Reiner today. We’re here for you 24/7/365.