Being prepared inside for what’s happening outside
In 1993 Southern California fell victim to a 6.7 earthquake. At that time, I was 16 years old and had gone through over a decade of “earthquake preparedness” training. However, when the earthquake hit, I didn’t hide under a table or other large pieces of furniture to protect myself from falling debris. Instead, I hid under my bedsheets and hoped it would stop. Don’t be me. Always be prepared.
Now, we don’t have earthquakes in New Jersey (at least not of a large and destructive magnitude), but spring can be a very turbulent time for weather. Not only can the temperature change dramatically from day to day, but there can be severe storms that bring thunderstorms, flooding, and even tornadoes to the Garden State. The best thing to do is to be prepared. Here is a short list of items you should have ready.
- Battery-operated flashlight and radio (don’t forget the batteries!)
- Emergency plan and emergency kit (including first aid)
- A file of personal information (important phone numbers, insurance, and medical information)
- 3-5 day supply of water and non-perishable food
- Blankets or sleeping bags
Since we are on the topic of being prepared, spring is also a season where you should be thinking about preparing your AC for the warmer weather. Below is a list of actions you can take to make sure your air conditioning unit is ready for action.
- Check your condenser and make sure the area around it is clear of debris.
- Check your air filter. If you didn’t change it at the end of the last season, it may be time.
- Install a programable thermostat that helps to ensure the AC is running efficiently saving you money!
- Test your AC unit. Make sure your unit is running smoothly so if you encounter an issue, you can have it repaired or replaced before the hot weather arrives.
- Save yourself steps 1-4 by calling Reiner Group, Inc. and have us get your system ready instead! We also offer a preventive maintenance agreement which includes maintenance, emergency service, and discounts!
Reiner can’t control the temperature changes in the great outdoors, but we can help you control the temperature in your great indoors.
Here for you 24/7/365. We are reputable, we are reliable, we are Reiner.