Signs You Need To Replace Your Zombie Heating System…Before It’s Too Late.
Just when you think your home is in order and running like clockwork, you feel that something is just not right. Something in the air is giving you shivers. It’s chilly air! You saw and heard the signs but chose to ignore them! The cold weather is only starting, and you realize…your furnace/boiler is failing!!
It is almost Halloween, but we don’t want you to be afraid of your aging heating equipment. Here are some signs your system needs to be replaced.
- Age of the system- A typical furnace lasts between 15-20 years. It is best to get a maintenance check of your furnace yearly to keep it running properly, or to keep on top of minor issues that may turn into major repairs if they are not brought to your attention in time. However, even with proper maintenance, there comes a point when the system will no longer run efficiently.
- Strange Noises- If you hear strange groaning or creaking, rattling or popping noises coming from your furnace, it may need to be replaced. Unusual noises could be caused by problems with your fan or blower motor or possibly a loose bearing.
- Rising Energy Bills- As your system ages, it becomes less efficient and has a harder time heating your home. This means that it will run longer and work harder to keep your requested temperature. This is especially true if it has not been properly maintained. We recommend your equipment has yearly maintenance to increase the lifespan of your system.
- Frequent calls for repairs- A unit can only be repaired so many times before the cost of the repairs surpasses the cost to replace the unit. Before this occurs, your Reiner repair technician will recommend having one of our Sales Engineers give you a free estimate on replacing your unit.
- Visible signs of rust or cracking- This too is caused by age and only adds to the inefficiency of your furnace.
- Age of the system- A typical boiler lasts between 15-20 years. As with the furnace, it is best to keep your system properly maintained to avoid any major issues or costly repairs. However, as with many appliances or equipment in the home, there will come a point when your boiler will no longer be running at peak performance.
- It takes longer to heat up- This could be something as simple as a blockage. However, this may also be a sign that you have low pressure. This could be due to a leak in the system or the need to have a part replaced.
- Your boiler’s flame is yellow instead of blue-This could be a sign of a carbon monoxide leak. Black soot is also a sign of the presence of carbon monoxide.
- Fuel costs are rising- When you see rising fuel costs, this means your unit is not running efficiently and is wasting fuel. If the unit cannot be repaired to rectify the waste, it is best to consider replacing the unit.
Replacing your heating system doesn’t have to be a nightmare. Give Reiner Group a call today to schedule a free estimate on replacing your heating system. With multiple options available, our Sales Engineers will give you the best choice for you and your home.